Monday’s newest tales from the world of soccer in ESPN FC’s What’s Trending …
MAN UNITED: Jose Mourinho has mentioned Manchester United are “apprehensive” by Manchester Metropolis’s eight-point lead on the prime of the Premier League desk.
– Mourinho has branded Marouane Fellaini “improbable” after the midfielder rushed again from harm to play in opposition to Chelsea on Sunday.
– Anthony Martial has admitted he wish to begin extra video games for Manchester United however says he’s happier at Outdated Trafford than he was final season.
– Participant rankings – Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Jose Mourinho solely price Three/10
– Antonio Conte insisted that dropping David Luiz from his squad for Chelsea’s 1-Zero win over Manchester United was purely a “tactical determination” and praised Andreas Christensen’s “wonderful” efficiency instead of the Brazilian.
– Conte has performed down hypothesis that he may take over AC Milan subsequent season, whereas the Serie A membership have additionally moved to dismiss any rumours of contact with the Chelsea supervisor.
– N’Golo Kante says his hamstring nonetheless doesn’t really feel “100 %” regardless of producing a powerful efficiency on his return to motion as Chelsea beat Manchester United 1-Zero at Stamford Bridge on Sunday.
– WATCH: How Chelsea beat Manchester United
– Former Manchester United and England defender Phil Neville is within the body for the Sunderland supervisor’s job after rejecting a reunion with Moyes at West Ham, sources have instructed ESPN FC.
ARSENAL: Arsene Wenger blasted what he known as “unacceptable” refereeing within the Premier League after Arsenal’s Three-1 loss at Manchester Metropolis and mentioned that Raheem Sterling “dives nicely” after the ahead gained a penalty.
– Former Premier League referee Mark Clattenburg has come out in defence of Michael Oliver’s awarding of a penalty to Sterling in Sunday’s Three-1 defeat of Arsenal.
– Bayern Munich president Karl-Heinz Rummenigge says his membership are unlikely to make a transfer for Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez in January because the participant has chosen his subsequent membership.
– WATCH: Why did not Wenger begin Lacazette?
MAN CITY: Pep Guardiola says he cannot bear in mind a greater begin to the season as a supervisor, however warned Manchester Metropolis nonetheless have a protracted approach to go earlier than they’ll take into consideration the profitable the title.
– Premier League Staff of the Weekend: Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane make the reduce
TOTTENHAM:Dele Alli will miss England’s friendlies in opposition to Germany and Brazil with a hamstring downside, whereas fellow Spurs midfielder Harry Winks can be a doubt for the upcoming internationals.
MARSEILLE: Marseille followers have instructed Patrice Evra he’s not welcome on the membership after the defender kicked a supporter within the head.
LIGUE 1: Nabil Fekir instructed Canal+ he didn’t remorse the aim celebration that sparked a pitch invasion throughout Lyon’s derby win over St Etienne on Sunday.
– Membership captain Sergio Ramos and vice-captain Marcelo have backed Cristiano Ronaldo and Karim Benzema amid considerations over the pair having scored only one La Liga aim every to date this season.
– Participant rankings: Marco Asensio nets one other wonder-goal, will get eight/10
ATLETICO MADRID: Juanfran says Antoine Griezmann ought to stay “relaxed” regardless of being substituted once more on Saturday, though the ahead’s brother has questioned Diego Simeone’s techniques on Twitter.
BARCELONA: Ernesto Valverde says he will not “apologise for profitable” as he continues to take care of complaints about Barcelona’s type of play regardless of main his aspect on a 16-game unbeaten run.
CHINESE SUPER LEAGUE: Fabio Cannavaro has stop as head coach of Chinese language Tremendous League aspect Tianjin Quanjian, paving the best way for a doable return to seven-time champions Guangzhou Evergrande.
Observe @ESPNFC on Twitter to maintain up with the newest soccer updates.