Thursday’s newest tales from the world of soccer in ESPN FC’s What’s Trending…
BAYERN MUNICH: Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has advised kicker he believes progress is being made on plans to introduce a wage cap in European soccer.
– Bayern midfielder Renato Sanches has moved to Swansea on a season-long mortgage.
PSG: Kylian Mbappe’s proposed transfer from Monaco to PSG is on maintain because the capital membership attempt to discover a approach to stay inside FFP laws, L’Equipe studies.
– Marco Verratti has mentioned Julian Draxler may very well be pushed right into a substitute function after the arrival of Neymar and the potential signing of Kylian Mbappe.
MAN CITY: Metropolis have made a second bid for Arsenal striker Alexis Sanchez, sources haves advised ESPN FC.
MAN UNITED: Manchester United will cowl followers visa prices for his or her journey to CSKA Moscow within the Champions League.
– Sir Alex Ferguson has known as Liverpool’s ongoing switch saga with Philippe Coutinho “disappointing” in mild of the alternatives the membership afforded him to grow to be the participant he’s at present.
– Victor Lindelof says he’s glad along with his begin to life at Manchester United, regardless of failing to play a minute in the course of the first three video games of the Premier League season.
– Wolfsburg have signed Belgium striker Divock Origi on mortgage from Liverpool.
– Brazil coach Tite says Philippe Coutinho will begin as an alternative to the staff’s upcoming World Cup qualifier in opposition to Ecuador.
TOTTENHAM: Tottenham have accomplished the signing of Ivory Coast worldwide Serge Aurier from Paris Saint-Germain.
– Tottenham Hotspur are assured of gazumping Chelsea’s bid for Swansea Metropolis striker Fernando Llorente, sources have advised ESPN FC.
LEICESTER: Riyad Mahrez has been given permission to go away the Algeria squad and return to Europe to “formalise his switch to his new membership,” the Algerian Soccer Federation has introduced.
BARCELONA: Barcelona have little interest in signing Leicester winger Riyad Mahrez regardless of studies he had arrived within the Catalan metropolis on Thursday, membership sources have advised ESPN FC.
– Sergi Samper has expressed his disappointment at having to exit on mortgage for the second season operating, suggesting he was the participant greatest suited within the Barcelona squad to be Sergio Busquets’ understudy.
CHELSEA: Eden Hazard has urged his Chelsea and Belgium teammate Michy Batshuayi to seek out taking part in time — even when it is away from Stamford Bridge — if the membership’s reported transfer for Swansea’s Fernando Llorente involves fruition.
WEST BROM: West Bromwich Albion have accomplished the signing of midfielder Grzegorz Krychowiak on a mortgage with no possibility to purchase from Paris Saint-Germain.
PORTUGAL: Portugal coach Fernando Santos says Cristiano Ronaldo’s “principal attribute is that he desires to be a winner” because the Actual Madrid star seeks to attract nearer to Ferenc Puskas on the high of Europe’s all-time objective scoring record.
UNITED STATES: Fabian Johnson says that in his conversations with supervisor Bruce Area, the plan forward of Friday’s World Cup qualifier in opposition to Costa Rica is for him to play in midfield, and never at full-back.
– WATCH: Christian Pulisic on his creativity.
MLS: United States goalkeeper Brad Guzan has hailed Main League Soccer’s progress since his departure within the mid-2000s.
Observe @ESPNFC on Twitter to maintain up with the most recent soccer updates.