Monday’s newest tales from the world of soccer in ESPN FC’s What’s Trending…
– Jose Mourinho’s trusted lieutenant Matic can free Paul Pogba, Alex Shaw writes.
– Phil Jones has been banned for 2 matches and Daley Blind fined by UEFA after the pair have been discovered responsible of breaching the governing physique’s doping rules after the Europa League last in Could.
– Mourinho has made a not-so-subtle dig at Chelsea boss Antonio Conte whereas responding to questions over the futures of Matic and Marouane Fellaini.
– Zlatan Ibrahimovic would like to remain in Europe this season, LA Galaxy president Chris Klein says, although the MLS membership nonetheless have an curiosity in signing him sooner or later.
– Mourinho has urged endurance with new defender Victor Lindelof as he adjusts to the Premier League.
PSG: Paris Saint-Germain are so assured that they’ve satisfied Barcelona famous person Neymar to hitch them for a world-record €222 million switch payment that they’ve already began to contemplate how one can unveil him as their newest signing, a supply has advised ESPN FC.
– Paris Saint-Germain’s Dani Alves has urged Neymar to be be courageous as he considers a transfer from Barcelona.
-Paris Saint-Germain rallied from a objective down in Tangier, Morocco, to beat Monaco 2-1 within the French Tremendous Cup, with new arrival Dani Alves offering a objective and an help in his first aggressive match with the membership.
REAL MADRID: Cristiano Ronaldo spent 90 minutes giving proof when he appeared in a Madrid courtroom on Monday morning to reply fees of a €14.7 million tax fraud, with a deliberate look to learn an announcement to the media afterwards being cancelled at quick notic
JUVENTUS: Massimiliano Allegri has stated Chelsea goal Alex Sandro will stay with the Serie A champions this summer time.
ARSENAL: Arsene Wenger has dismissed considerations about having a handful of star gamers with just one yr left on their contracts, calling it “an excellent state of affairs” for the membership.
– Wenger hailed “an encouraging efficiency” from new signing Alexandre Lacazette in Sunday’s 2-1 loss to Sevilla, however warned it may take a few months for the striker to completely settle in on the membership.
BARCELONA: Ivan Rakitic has stated referee Jair Marrufo “insulted me fairly strongly” in the course of the weekend’s Three-2 Clasico win over Actual Madrid in Miami.
– The worlds of golf and soccer collided on Saturday as Tiger Woods frolicked within the Barcelona dressing room following the Miami Clasico.
ATLETICO MADRID: Atletico chief government Miguel Angel Gil Marin says the membership plan to make yet another signing within the present switch window — as reported goal Chelsea striker Diego Costa continues his holidays in Brazil.
– Gil Marin says Atletico Madrid have ended their affiliation with Indian franchise Atletico Kolkata as a consequence of disagreements over youth growth.
LIVERPOOL: Jurgen Klopp says Liverpool might be competing for the Premier League title this season and reiterated the membership’s stance that Philippe Coutinho shouldn’t be on the market.
– Liverpool supporters have voted overwhelmingly in favour of introducing secure standing to the Premier League and Championship, the outcomes of a ballot have proven.
– Adam Lallana has stated Daniel Sturridge being absolutely match subsequent season could be like having “two new signings,” predicting that the Liverpool striker would have “huge” marketing campaign.
– Dejan Lovren has advised German journal kicker that being a defender in Jurgen Klopp’s Liverpool facet might be like enjoying as a “midfielder.”
– Jurgen Klopp stated he’s “actually completely satisfied” together with his choices within the present Liverpool squad after a trio of signings, however admits that accidents are but to have an effect on his workforce choice.
SERIE A: Antonio Cassano says he has no intention of retiring from soccer but, including he left Hellas Verona after lower than a month as a result of he didn’t really feel issues have been proper for him there.
– Arjen Robben returned to coaching on Sunday after recovering from a calf damage and will function towards Liverpool within the Audi Cup this week.
– Giovinco can develop into the best MLS participant of all time, in accordance with Toronto FC coach Greg Vanney.
– German second-division membership Darmstadt have introduced the signing of Seattle Sounders left-sided participant Joevin Jones.
CRYSTAL PALACE: Tottenham’s Jan Vertonghen believes new Crystal Palace supervisor Frank de Boer is prepared for the Premier League however he warned his former coach to get used to groups enjoying for a degree.
SUNDERLAND: Video footage of Sunderland midfielder Darron Gibson accusing some teammates of not making an attempt and now not desirous to play for the membership has emerged.
QPR: Ian Holloway says Steven Caulker is “in a incredible place” after the defender, who disclosed his battle towards psychological sickness and habit earlier this yr, rejoined coaching with the Hoops’ squad.
Comply with @ESPNFC on Twitter to maintain up with the most recent soccer updates.